Sakura season is here
Inspired by Japan’s Sakura cherry blossoms, our Sakura Pink color is the breath of fresh air your wardrobe’s been searching for.
• Japan celebrates cherry blossom season with the century-old tradition of “hanami”—a picnic with family and friends underneath a tree in full bloom.
• In 1912, Japan gifted cherry blossom trees to the USA to celebrate the blossoming relationship between the two countries. Washington D.C. still commemorates the day each March with its National Cherry Blossom Festival.
• The blooming period can last up to 14 days but varies each year.
• Japanese cherry blossom is considered to be the U.S.’ favorite perfume scent.
• The cherry blossom capital of the world is actually in Macon, Georgia. It’s home to over 300,000 trees planted by a local businessman who loved them so much he wanted them everywhere in his hometown.
• It’s thought that cherry blossoms are native to the Himalayas and were brought over to Japan in the 19th century.
• Cherry blossoms have many symbolic meanings but the most common across global cultures are that of love, good luck and beauty.